Raspberry Pi Credit Card Size Barebone PC on sale for $35
Feb. 20, 2012. Raspberry Pi Foundation has released a credit card size fully functional barebone PC. It is actually a circuit board that has integrated all the essential ports so its ready to be used as a fully functional personal computer. Raspberry Pi is a UK charity organisation designed the low cost barebone PC to give children’s access to the device. It is intended to kick start programming among British kids.
The device is very capable and can have many uses. It can be connected to a TV or Monitor and can run Linux operating system specifically designed for Raspberry Pi. You can download it from here.
Since the device is only $35 it will get the PC enthusiasts really excited and get them thinking about exciting projects. You could build a silent micro PC or tiny media centre PC capable of 1080p HD video and internet browsing. What are you planning to do with yours ?
- Broadcom BCM2835 700MHz ARM1176JZFS processor with FPU and Videocore 4 GPU
- GPU provides Open GL ES 2.0, hardware-accelerated OpenVG, and 1080p30 H.264 high-profile decode
- GPU is capable of 1Gpixel/s, 1.5Gtexel/s or 24GFLOPs with texture filtering and DMA infrastructure
- 256MB RAM
- Boots from SD card, running the Fedora version of Linux
- 10/100 BaseT Ethernet socket
- HDMI socket
- USB 2.0 socket
- RCA video socket
- SD card socket
- Powered from microUSB socket
- 3.5mm audio out jack
- Header footprint for camera connection
- Size: 85.6 x 53.98 x 17mm